So here I am, the last day of the Easter holidays… Does the flat look like a showhome? Have I caught up with all the writing I know I should have done? Are little bluebirds tweeting delightedly in the kitchen as they do the dishes? Hail no. On all counts. But it’s been a fabulous couple of weeks. Okay, it’s been a good couple of weeks. Oh alright, apart from a very wobbly start, it’s been an enjoyable and mostly relaxing fortnight.
There are tales to tell, of course, but if I wrote it all down, it would probably come off as incredible. Plus, they would be exactly that – tales. I always think if the news ain’t yours, it ain’t your story to tell. Okay, so I did have a few er, interesting things happen but that’s for me to know etc. Sadly, the most interesting stories do inevitably involve other people. That’s what makes them interesting. What funny creatures we are.
But I have learned the following…
- I will try to expect shop assistants to make polite conversation with me, so I don’t look blankly at them when they expect an answer to a simple question like “So are you doing something nice for Easter?”
- If someone tries to manipulate me, I will simply smile and say “That’s nice.” Mrs Brown style.
- I will be grateful for every thing I have in my life. Should keep me busy for a while.
- I will not mix raw onion bhajis with olives in a salad.
- You can only put off procrastinating for so long.